home recipe index ingredient index contact

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Lavender Lemonade

Last summer, I went to the Lavender Festival at Young Living Farms in Mona, UT. It was so much fun and there was so much to do. While we were there, I bought a bottle of their lavender lemonade. Ever since then, I have had lavender lemonade in the back of my mind. I finally did a little research and found a recipe. I then bought some culinary lavender (click here for the link) and finally, I made the lemonade.

It is definately not like regular lemonade. But it has a nice flavor and sweetness to it. And thank you to The Hartman's for the lemons. Don't be wierded out if some crazy pregnant lady is in your backyard stealing your lemons. Kyle did say I could have as many as I wanted...



2 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup lavender leaves, chopped
2 1/2 cups water
1 cup lemon juice
Ice cubes

First, heat the first measures of water and sugar to a boil until the sugar dissolves. Add lavender and let the mixture cool to room temperature. Strain out the lavender.

In a pitcher, add lavender infusion to second measure of water and lemon juice. Stir and add more sugar to taste. Chill and serve lemonade over ice. Serves 6-8.