home recipe index ingredient index contact

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Strawberry Banana Muffins

In nursery at church, Jack has learned a song that goes, "I like to sing. I like to sing. Sing, sing, sing." Well, I have learned a new song too. "I like muffins. I like muffins. Muffins, muffins, muffins."

This is yet another variation of my favorite basic muffin recipe I have used on here a ton of times.



1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sour cream
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup small diced strawberries
1/2 banana, small diced

Set oven to 400 degrees F and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners (or spray the muffin cups with non-stick spray).

Into a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Melt butter and in a small bowl whisk together with sour cream, egg, and vanilla. Stir butter mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Fold in strawberries and bananas.

Divide the batter among muffin cups (this batter is thick and will not run easily like other muffin batters) and bake in middle of oven until golden and a tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes.

No comments: