home recipe index ingredient index contact

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dutch Baby Pancake

I am quite tired. And it isn't even because of my new little baby. He actually does pretty good at night. When he wakes up, he eats and just goes back to sleep. What makes me tired is Ethan. Last night he had me help him post his golf clubs on eBay. Sadly, he cannot golf anymore because he has a problem with his feet. He has a surgery scheduled to fix them, but he won't be able to golf for about a year. So he has decided to sell his clubs. It was quite bittersweet for us to take pictures of them and post them last night. Golf is his most favorite thing in the world.

Anyways, we were up so late last night getting everything posted. At 1 am and after way too many Coke Zeros, I was ready to hit the hay. And then I realized that my bed sheets were in the dryer. Why is it that I never remember to put the dumb sheets back on when I need them the most? Does that ever happen to you?

Of course, Son One was up at 6:30 and ready to seize the day. Luckily, this breakfast takes no time at all. He ate 3/4 of the entire pancake.


Served with banana, mango and orange fruit salad.

1 Tbsp butter
2 eggs
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
Powdered sugar and lemon wedges

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Combine eggs, salt, flour and milk in a bowl. Melt butter in a 9 inch cake pan. Pour contents of bowl into the cake pan.

Bake for 15-20 minutes, until poofy and browned on the edges. Serve immediately. Top with powdered sugar and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.