Thursday, August 14, 2008

The most popular question I get asked (at least 3 times a week)

When did you start to like cooking?

I have always liked to cook. Food intrigues me. My mom let us mess around in her kitchen as much as we wanted. A took a few classes in high school and I loved those. When I got married, I didn’t do too much cooking. I was working a lot and too poor to buy decent ingredients. Once we started a family, I realized I wanted to be the one to fill my family’s bellies, not some restaurant or fast food place. I wanted to instill good eating habits in my children. Along with good eating habits, I wanted my kids to like a wide variety of foods. So far, so good. You will never see a 3-year-old rip the tail off a piece of shrimp or down a stick of celery faster than Jack. But don't let that fool you. He most definitely goes through his own self-induced hunger strikes. And during those strikes, he will only eat candy.

No comments: