home recipe index ingredient index contact

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Shake Down


Good Morning.

I have the same exact routine every morning. If I didn't, I wouldn't get a thing done. Part of my routine is seeing these people on my morning walk/run/daily shake down.

The group of women on a Curves field trip. At least I think that is what it is. They are all wearing Curves shirts and some even have fancy Curves visors. As they walk by, I think of "pick a little, talk a little" and I am surrounded in a cloud of old lady perfume smell. Apparently they sweat Morning Rose Musk.

The Alta Loma Bean Poles, aka the Alta Loma High School Boys Cross Country Team. And yes Timmy, that is chubby Sister Ingram you just pranced by. Resist the urge to turn around and double check.

The Blue Lady. She wears the same blue shorts and tank top E-VER-Y-DAY. She also carries a huge stick which I am assuming she uses to ward off suspicious people, in broad day light, in the midst of tons of other people walking, biking and running.

Bikers galore. I can’t tell you too much about them individually because they just zoom right past me. I only see their rear ends. But those toned rear ends are great motivation to keep going.

And my favorite, the nice old roley, poley man. He grins and flashes me an “I Love You” everyday. And you know what Roley Poley, I love you too.

8 comments:

Tricia said...

I love it! The ALHS Bean Poles! Good work keeping up the daily shake down!

Melissa said...

Ok, Whitney I have decided that you should call your comments Whitney's witticisms because you make me laugh! Thanks for sharing your observations about your shake down. People watching while running/walking is great!

Mal Robin said...

I need a like a constant daily feed of your day, it totally makes mine.

cat+tadd=sam said...

I'm with the Mal. Your words are food for my soul.

[Morgan] said...

you are hilarious.
i'm totally feeling bad about myself but proud of you for getting out and walking every morning.

Megan said...

I think you're lame. And not even funny at all.

(I thought your head was getting a little big. So I decided to help.)

Jodi Jean said...

good for you!!! maybe once #2 pops out i might be more inclined to move more .... hmmmmm

whitneyingram said...

Trish, you know what I am talking about. Timmy disappears when he turns to the side.

Melissa, people watching is all the more reason to go out later in the morning. More people are up at 7 as opposed to 6!

Mal, come to my house and then you can.

Cat, that goes for you too.

Morgan, don't feel bad. I have more motivation because Ethan doesn't leave until 10. So I don't have to take the boys. I think of it as my mom time. No baby, no toddler. Just me and Dave Matthews Band...

Meg, you are just jealous.

Jodi, don't even think about walking until ****** is born. And yes people! I know what she is naming her baby!!!!!!!!!