home recipe index ingredient index contact

Monday, September 8, 2008

To all my fellow rookies out there

That's kind of weird looking, huh?

This Friday, Ethan is going under the knife and having some work done- to his left foot that is.

Since this whole process has been a giant trial and hard-thing for our family, I am not sure how much I will be posting in the next little while. So don't leave me. I will be back to my regularly scheduled programming. Our family just needs to deal with some business. I need to focus on being a big girl and being the emotional support my honey is going to need.

In the meantime, these are some of Ethan's favorite recipes that I will be making in the next few weeks while he is a cripple. Wanna join us and make them too?

Pulled Pork Sandwiches (minus the coleslaw. Who just doesn't like coleslaw? Weirdo.)
Ginger Softs
Maple-glazed Cedar-planked Salmon
Grilled Pancetta-wrapped Asparagus
Panzanella
Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pasta
Chicken Stir-fry Lettuce Wraps
Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee

9 comments:

melly~ said...

new to your blog and i've already added your little button to my site. great space you've created here!

sorry to hear of Ethan's surgery. hope all goes well and he heals quickly. who wouldn't with that menu? :)

hope you don't have to stay away too long. i'll be checking back often.

take care,
melly~

Shanicherie said...

Good luck Whitney! To both of you! At least it's for a healthier, less painful life!

Kelly said...

Just came across your blog today. It's great! I've added it to my google reader so I can keep up with your updates.

Hope the surgery goes well!

{Erica} said...

Best of luck to Ethan regarding the surgery and the recovery. Sounds like he's in good hands. Hurry back..your blog rocks!

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Will pray all goes well. I have played "nurse wife" earlier this year. Hope all goes smoothly.

BTW, *thank you, thank you, thank you* for the terrific shout out about the oven fries. You made my day.

Jodi Jean said...

we'll be keeping your family in our prayers!! i can't believe its happening already on friday.

let me know if you need anything (i would say food ... but we both know you are the better cook) if you need me to take the boys or something, or come over for some girl time, or anything just give me a call.

oh and van looked ADORABLE on sunday, how fun to have all your family in town. robby and i had fun during church picking out who was related to who ... which was so easy actually!!

T&C said...

Coming from a nurse...that foot's jacked up. Thank goodness for talented surgeons. Best of luck!

Valerie said...

The pulled pork recipe was beyond incredible. I have made it 3 times already. I am so sorry about the injury! Boy, Jack looks like Carter!

whitneyingram said...

Melly, welcome and thank you for your concern for my honey.

Kelly, welcome as well!

Erica, you are making me blush.

Sweet Pea, thank you for your thoughts and prayers. We need them. And so many people have been loving your fries!

Jodi, yes, we had a fun group there on Sunday. It was so hard to keep quiet and not chat and laugh (remember "negro spirituals?" crazy.). The after-party was so fun. And thank you for you willingness to help us. I will keep you on my list of allies!

Cindy, oh yes, that is one jacked up foot. The best part is that the other one looks the same. So we get to do this all over again.

Valerie, I am so glad you guys liked the pulled pork. We loved it too. And yes, Carter and Jack look so much alike. Cousins for sure!