home recipe index ingredient index contact

Monday, November 17, 2008

Ethan's Creamed Corn

Okay, I lied. I am not really done posting. I have a few things to give you before I hit the road. Enjoy!

We have a guest post. And it is none other than my husband. He is a perfect guest poster because he is a cook, and dang good one. He doesn't only make great food, but he makes great food for 200 people. He is an event caterer. Usually he is busy making stuffed pork tenderloin and wild rice pilaf. But when he is home, he makes things like these next two recipes.


And BTW, if you want to get on his good side, make a comment. Ethan reads my blog comments more than I do. He loves comments:). Anyways, take it away Ethan!


This is Ethan. Hi. Whitney doesn't usually let me post recipes. This one is fat and unhealthy but really good, so she is making an exception.

Don't be stupid. Don't burn the cream. Add in the ingredients while the pan is hot, then when I tell you, turn it to low and let it simmer off for a few minutes.



1 lb. bag of frozen corn
2 cups heavy cream
4 Tbsp butter
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
Kosher salt and ground pepper

In a medium saucepan, add the corn. Barely cover with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and drain. Add the corn back into the pan.

Put the pan over medium heat. Add heavy cream and butter and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until the butter is melted. Gradually stir in flour, until slightly thickened. Add sugar and season with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Hey Ethan! so great to 'hear' you here. I could hear your tone when you said 'don't be stupid'. anyway this recipe is officially on the side dish menu for thanksgiving @ my house this year. and I will remember not to use half and half (which I almost ruined a triple batch of corn chowder with). and I will try not to be offended when my mother-in-law busts out a CAN of creamed corn at the next swift family function. I have a feeling I won't be going back (to canned, that is).

[Morgan] said...

sweet.
i'm in charge of corn for thanksgiving. totally trying it.
thanks ethan.

the Ingrams said...

Are we getting any of your delicious food at Thanksgiving... I hope so?! For everyone else, I'm sorry to say it but, eat your hearts out they're in my family, hee, hee!

Tara Fears said...

Bookmarked this one. I'm CRAZY for corn, so I'll totally be trying this one sooner than later! Sounds delish Ethan! Thanks!