home recipe index ingredient index contact

Monday, June 15, 2009

Lime Sherbet

It was an ideal afternoon when I made this. Van was crawling around on the patio in his striped onesie. He was babbling sweetly and giggling. Jack was out on the lawn in his swim trunks prancing through the sprinklers. I was in the kitchen with the back door open and a calm breeze was blowing through the house. I went out on the back patio and picked up my adorable little baby and then Jack wanted to show me all of his tricks. Step on the sprinkler head, leap over the sprinkler head, and then unfortunately, pick up the sprinkler head and spray me and Van. So definitive Jack.



4 tsp lime zest
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup water
3 cups half and half
1 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Whisk well until sugar is dissolved. Pour lime mixture into ice cream freezer container and freeze according to manufacturers directions. Transfer sherbet to airtight container and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I have always been a fan of lime sherbet, and I was almost always the only person I knew who enjoyed it. Lactose intolerance now keeps me from enjoying it, but I would opt to suffer for some of this- it looks amazing, and I can almost taste the fresh lime flavor. Limes to me are SO summer.

T&C said...

ok baby wants.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

My jaw is tingling looking at your sherbet. Thanks for sharing I have limes that need a home or its the garbage for them.
~ingrid

Tammigirl said...

Sparkling limeade = I'm dyin'!