home recipe index ingredient index contact

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Strawberry Lemon Sorbet

On the phone with my sister Megan...

"What am I going to do with all these lemons?"

"Make sorbet."

"That is boring. I have been making a lot of sorbet right now anyways."

"Do a cool combination."

"No."

"Do an herb or another fruit."

"Fine. I will figure something out."

This is what I figured out. I cruised around the internet for a method on how to make this sorbet. A lot of recipes said to put an entire lemon in the food processor. Skeptical as I was, I did it anyways and it worked out great. None of the lemon goes to waste and any bitterness from the white pith is off set by the sugar. Speaking of the sugar, I used 1 1/2 cups. It was still tart, but that is my preference. If you are looking for sweeter, go with 2 cups.



2 lemons, ends cut off and slice into wedges
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 lbs strawberries, hulled

Add the lemons and sugar to the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Add the strawberries and process until smooth.

Pour strawberry lemon mixture into an ice cream freezer container and freeze according to manufacturers directions. Transfer sorbet to an airtight container and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Gimme.

My Sensei said...

Great idea! Sweet and sour-my favorite!

oneordinaryday said...

Sounds great! I made a strawberry lemonade we just loved. This would taste the same, but maybe even more refreshing since it's frozen. Thanks for the idea!