home recipe index ingredient index contact

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Newly committed

I am about to post a new food post after not posting food for 2 weeks. Quite the stint, eh? Okay, not. I will start posting food again soon, but with a new commitment. I am only going to post recipes that I have developed myself. And if it isn't done by me, it is a recipe of a close friend or family member. I do that for the most part but I want this space to be somewhere that I am challenged. I can cook all sorts of things and follow a recipe, but I need to be stretched. So Rookius Cookius will be doing that for me. I won't be posting any real kitchen disasters because I don't do that. As I have explained previously, I don't do that because I am far too insecure. Just trust me when I say that I screw up on food often.

If you are a food blogger, may I invite you to do the same more often. There are loads of food blogs and not many who do their own recipes. Anyone can read a recipe, but not everyone can create one. It takes experimenting to get there. Have the guts to take some ingredients and make something out of them without a recipe. And if you are baking, don't be afraid to toss in ingredients that aren't written in the recipe. The more you do that, the more confident you will become to continue doing that. Let's you and I see what we can come up with.

Anyways, onto the goods.

3 comments:

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Good for you and good luck. I'll be the one to give your recipes a try.

While I've come far I don't think I'm there yet especially with savory foods. I do put things together and more often than not its good but I never think to write anything down.
~ingrid

Babeich said...

I am so happy that you are back and I cannot wait to try the apples you just posted.

Reading your blog is such a culinary pleasure - thank you for sharing this with all of us!

sweetlifeinthevalley said...

These apples look heavenly! I can not wait to get my new kitchen finished so i can can make them.