home recipe index ingredient index contact

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Russel's Brownies

My neighbor brought over some brownies. He is a young fellow, maybe in his early twenties. I don't think he has a job, because he spends his days shooting hoops in his driveway or sitting in his car. Even on the hottest days, his car windows are rolled up. But he doesn't drive anywhere, so I don't think he has a job. Maybe he works at night? Who knows, it's a tough economy.

Anyways, he is always nice to me and my family. He knows I like to cook, so he brought over some brownies the other night. He said they were the best brownies he has ever had and I just had to have a taste. So I did. Boy was he right!!!! They were amazing!!!! The kind of dessert that can change the course of your entire day. They were euphoric. Chocolatey, sweet and had some ingredient in them that I just couldn't pin point. Nevermind that though. Who cares? They were delightful.

My neighbor, his name is Russel by the way, gave me the recipe after I begged him for it. He said the secret ingredient was something called cannabis. He said it is a kind of plant. Anyways, he told me this cannabis stuff would be hard to find in the store and he said he would bring me some that he had in his window well garden. The kid must have a green thumb to be able to grow things in his window well! If you have a hard time finding cannabis in your grocery store, you might want to try a specialty store.

Here is Russel's recipe. Try it, you'll LOVE it!



3/4 cup butter
1 oz cannabis
2 cups packed brown sugar
3 eggs
4 1 oz squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts

Set the oven to 250 degrees F. Spray an 8 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.

In a small skillet, melt butter. Once melted, add cannabis and cook until fragrant. Strain leave out of butter and set butter aside, discarding leaves.

In a large bowl, combine the butter mixture, brown sugar, and eggs until light and fluffy. Stir in unsweetened chocolate and vanilla until well blended. Mix in the flour, and then the walnuts. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.

Bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into bars.

April Fool's, you fool. Like I would really post a recipe for pot brownies. I've never smoked a joint in my life. My mom on the other hand...

Rookie's Notes: This was a stock photo, not my own. And Megan wants you to know she thought of this idea. She said I had to credit her for it. And then I told her she was an attention whore.

19 comments:

Megan said...

Genius should be given credit where credit is due.

Love,

The Attention Whore

Jessica said...

You forgot a step. Once you cook the pot in the butter, you have to take the leaves out. No one wants pot leaves in their brownies. Duh.

whitneyingram said...

@Jessica - Right. Forgot that. I fixed it. Megan did tell me you are well versed in the ways of the ganja brownie.

Emily said...

I was just trying to figure out who Russel was. I figured that was code for the r.s. president's husband.

Jessica said...

Just one of my many skills.

Rabid said...

Phewwww! That's a relief--the part about it being a joke. I was about to warn your readers that pot brownies make many barf. Not that I'd know about that or anything...

Rabid said...

I would suggest you forgo leaves for buds. Again, not that I'd know the difference.

Jessica said...

Good point about the bud, Rabid. What was I thinking?

Sue said...

Okay, totally fell for that. As I was reading it I was thinking, "Whitney, do you KNOW what cannabis is??Didn't I teach you? If you ate that what did it do to the baby?"

Yes, my green thumb extended to a beautiful 5' cannabis plant I grew from a seed and kept in my kitchen until I gave it to a "needy" friend. Don't worry readers, that wasn't yesterday, it was 30+ years ago. Did I ever smoke the stuff? Who me? Heavens no.

Shanicherie said...

Ha! So funny! Today on facebook I announced we're having another boy and I CANT BELIEVE HOW MANY PEOPLE BELIEVED ME! It's such an April Fools 101 joke! Made me feel really bad that no one called me out, so I caved early and told everyone it was a joke. Somehow, people are still congratulating me...haha!

Celeste said...

April fools is lame. I was really looking forward to an amazing brownie recipie. You think if I left out the cannibis that they would still be good??

Winder said...

Yes, I fell for it. I was gasping saying doesn't she know...She is pregnant what is that dude thinking. Got me good!

Erin said...

AHAAH!!!

Miss Morgan said...

HA HA HA HA. in a window well? if being able to grow things in your window well is a talent, then my parents were GREEN THUMB GENIUSES in their day.
sorry mom for outing you:)

whitney, you and your sister whore are hilarious.

oh and, thank you LOADS for your house cleaning comment on my blog. made my night:)

[Morgan] said...

sorry. i hate in when miss morgan leaves comments by mistake.

Carina said...

HA!

sheena said...

I'm a little bummed out. I am still looking for the "perfect" brownie recipe and here I thought I had found it! Although.....I'm pretty sure my neighbors could easily get me some of this cannabis stuff....

L said...

I hope Hen Pecks sold it...you know for medicinal purposes....for the "needy". Perhaps it was foresight into Megan's career...

Valerie said...

Since it is past April Fool's and I was just looking through your recipes, I had no idea that you posted this on April Fool's. I totally fell for it and couldn't believe it.