home recipe index ingredient index contact

Monday, September 24, 2007

After watching "Iron Chef" tonight...

After watching "Iron Chef" on the Food Network tonight, I have come to a new realization about myself- call it a bit of "self-discovery" if you will. I am completely fascinated by food. I am amazed by the what the combination of certain foods can produce. I love learning about new methods of cooking and information about ingredients. I love watching professional chefs at work. The way their knives swish along a scallion or how delicately they make a ravioli. All of this is so interesting to me. My neighbor is a trained chef and went to school at Le Courdon Bleu in Pasadena. Today at church, Ethan and I sat in the foyer with her for an hour and a half talking about food. Time literally flew by and I was summoned back into reality when one of my fellow Young Women leaders reminded me that we had class.

With all of this realization, I have decided to start a food blog. I have seen a bunch of them on here, but they are all so fancy. Lemongrass this, polenta that. Most of that fancy stuff really isn't my style. I am a mom. I have one child and plan on having a few more. I plan on feeding my family for the rest of my life. Because this is a job for me and not just a hobby, I don't have time for frilly foods. I just make good food that hits the spot. Comforting yet healthy. Memorable for the palate, but not for the rear. Granted, I am a sucker for the occasional, and all too often, brownie.

So join me as a chart my culinary endeavors. You might get a tip, a recipe or just some good reading. And remember, you are always invited over for dinner!

No comments: