home recipe index ingredient index contact

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Teriyaki Meatballs with Rice

Holy cow, I have two kids now. So far, it hasn't been too terrible. Jack has his moments, but for the most part, he is good. Van is fantastic. Eat, sleep, mess. Jack was a difficult infant, so Ethan and I are really enjoying Van's temperament. But at the same time, I am so scared that one day we will wake up and he will start being a rotten baby. I sure hope not.

As I had mentioned in an earlier post, I have quite the supply of post-partum freezer meals. For the most part, that is what I will be posting. I chose all the meals by their mild ingredients (to keep breastfeeding pleasant) and their ease of preparation. Hopefully you might get a tip or two, whether it is for post-partum rescue or for a regular week night dinner.



1 12 oz bag frozen meatballs, made with either ground pork or beef (16-20 meatballs)
1 12 oz bottle teriyaki marinade
1 8 oz can pineapple chunks in juice
1 small green bell pepper, diced
2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
2 cups white rice, cooked according to package directions
4 green onions, thinly sliced

Heat the meatballs in the microwave until warm through. Set aside.

In a medium saucepan, combine teriyaki marinade, pineapple chunks and juice, bell pepper, and carrots. Add meatballs. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.

Serve meatballs with some sauce over white rice and garnished with green onions.

Yields 4 servings.

Rookie's Notes: The early prep on this was chopping the carrots and bell peppers and freezing them. In the pantry was the rice, sauce and pineapple. And I just happened to have the green onions in my fridge. Super easy meal and totally a favorite of Jack's.

No comments: