home recipe index ingredient index contact

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Jack Rabbit Drive Penne Pasta


What a funny name for a pasta dish, huh? Well, it has a funny name for good reason. This was the last meal I made in my kitchen at 9445 Jack Rabbit Dr. The kitchen that I fell in love with. The kitchen that had a counter big enough for me to sit on and no one could tell me to get off. The kitchen that Jack stacked spice jars in while I cooked. The kitchen with the floor that Ethan installed for me because I was so bummed about my miscarriage before Van. The kitchen with tons of cupboard space that I thought I would never fill, but I did. The kitchen that gave me the confidence to try new recipes and create some good eats. Out of everything in my old home, I will miss the kitchen the most.




1 lb penne pasta
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 shallot, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 bunch asparagus, cut into ½ inch sticks
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cups chopped cooked red potatoes (mine were leftovers)
4 Tbsp butter
1 cup heavy cream
Kosher salt and pepper
½ tsp red pepper flakes
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan

In a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.

In a large skillet, add olive oil. Once the oil runs quickly in the pan, sdd shallots and garlic and cook for 1 minute, until shallots are softened. Add asparagus and cook until tender. Add potatoes and cook until warmed through. Stir in tomatoes, heavy cream and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add red pepper flakes and Parmesan. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with a hefty amount of grated Parmesan on top.

Yields 6 servings.

4 comments:

Rae said...

This dish is calling my name!!! Yum! I love the name!

Gina Rochelle said...

Looks delicious and your kitchen looks wonderful too I can see how it would inspire some yumminess.

Michelle @ Twig said...

I just have to say that I am making this yummy this week for dinner...and for the first 5 minutes of looking at the recipe, I swear it said Dr. Pepper Pasta and so I kept looking for where the Dr. Pepper went in! Oh boy, that was a mistake!!!

whitneyingram said...

Rae, make it. Easy and good. And it makes a lot. Great for leftovers.

Gina, oh how I miss that kitchen. Hurts my heart.

M, I love you.