home recipe index ingredient index contact

Monday, November 24, 2008

Green Beans with Bacon and Crispy Garlic Butter

Thanksgiving huh? What is your favorite Thanksgiving offering? Stuffing? Pies? Turkey?

What is your least favorite? Mine has to be green bean casserole. I never had it for Thanksgiving growing up so I am just not used to it. Here is another way to serve green beans at Thanksgiving. It might not be the healthiest, but I would much rather get my calories from bacon and butter than cream of whatever soup.



1 lb fresh green beans, ends trimmed off
4 pieces bacon, diced
1/4 cup butter
4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced

In a large skillet over medium high heat, add bacon and green beans. Stir occasionally and cook until bacon is crisp, about 8-10 minutes.

In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until garlic is light brown, about 3 minutes.

Transfer green beans to a serving bowl. Pour garlic butter over the top. Add a few grinds of ground pepper and serve.

3 comments:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Least favorite? Hands down, the turkey.

Most favorite? Stuffing, cranberry salsa and dessert.

Laura said...

Least favorite: that green bean casserole nastiness and corn casserole and stuffing.

Most favorite: MIL's roast beef and my own pumpkin pie

And I made green beans like this a while back and absolutely loved them!!! I had no idea green beans could be any better than they already are!

Courtney said...

Hi! I found your blog while searching for a different green bean recipe, but yours is pretty perfect - but I had a question. Do you steam the green beans before sauteeing with the bacon, or do you simply saute them to cook?

Thanks, and happy Thanksgiving!