home recipe index ingredient index contact

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Weekly Menu

I just sat down to make a menu and grocery list. I have been quite lazy/strapped for time lately and I haven't been efficient with our grocery shopping. That ends TODAY.

Here is my menu for the next week:
Thursday: VT conference at the church, good dinner served there for the women. Sorry boys, you get grilled cheese for dinner.
Friday: Veggie egg rolls and watermelon. Second time working on this egg roll recipe. Hoping to get it right this time and be able to post it.
Saturday: Julia's massaman curry. First time making this, wish me luck.
Sunday: Sauteed gnocchi with basil-scented cream sauce and steamed broccoli. Hopefully a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting for dessert.
Monday: Baked garlic Parmesan chicken wings, baked potato wedges and romaine salad.
Tuesday: Go-to spaghetti and tomato sauce and sauteed kale.
Wednesday: Latch. This is an old Peterson family dinner. Latch onto whatever you can find in the fridge or pantry. So most likely, leftovers.

8 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

Ummm...can I come live at your house?

That all sounds amazing.

Carolyne said...

Megan and Keli'i said...
Ummm...can I come live at your house?

That all sounds amazing.

--------------
Yah, seriously. You know what I make for dinner? Grilled chicken with a salad every night, except when we have it with rice. Other than that, it's hamburgers or tacos or cold cereal and popcorn. Yikes.

Carolyne said...

Love the name Violet. I just scrolled down and saw your baby. Must have missed that post. Anyway, she's adorable! Almost as cute as my 4 month old son.

Heather said...

Ummmm.... so I am gonna need that gnocchi with cream sauce recipe ;) We love gnocchi, but I feel like I always make it the same way - marinara style. Also, I've been wanting to incorporate kale into meals but I'm stumped. What are your tips?

I've been making a menu for the week on Sunday's and it alleviates so much stress. I'm totally a fan. Your menu sounds fantastic by the way!

[Morgan] said...

Latch!
That's genius.

Now, what we eat for dinner 5 out of 7 has a name!

;)

Your Monday menu looks like something the Thomas' would love, I may just give it a go if the recipe is in your index?

heather said...

sounds delicious! and i like the "latch." at my house, growing up, we called that "fend for yourself."

whitneyingram said...

@morgan - the baked potato wedges are in the index, but the wings aren't. If the recipe is a success, I will post it.

whitneyingram said...

@Heather - the gnocchi is another recipe I am working on. A friend e-mailed me and asked for something new to do with gnocchi. So sauteed gnocchi with basil-scented cream sauce is what I am going to do. If I can make it work, I will post it.