home recipe index ingredient index contact

Thursday, February 14, 2008

SueP Coffee Cake with Blueberries

This is another Peterson classic. My mom has probably made this coffee cake over 100 times- honestly. And she always has to double it because it goes fast. I added blueberries to this batch and I love the combination of blueberries and cinnamon. I have also made this with blueberries and lemon zest and it is delish too.



For the streusel topping:
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon

With a pastry cutter or 2 butter knives, cut butter into dry ingredients until coarse crumbs are formed. Set aside.

For the cake:
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup applesauce
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup blueberries, or however much you want

Set oven to 375. Spray an 8x8 pan with non-stick spray and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another mixing bowl, combine applesauce, milk and egg. Mix well and add to the dry ingredients. Stir in the blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over the top.

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

1 comment:

Whitney Kaye said...

I had your momma's coffee cake one time when I was 12, I think, and I never forgot it. I am so excited you posted this recipe!