home recipe index ingredient index contact

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Spicy Cucumber and Cantaloupe Popsicles


Let me guess, you are a little curious about the flavor combination of these? You shouldn't be. These are a traditional South American popsicle or paleta. They are refreshing and have a bit of a zing from the jalapeno, but not too much zing. I can see these being great after a big taco dinner or fajita night.


1/2 medium cantaloupe, seeded, rind removed and roughly chopped
1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
1 jalapeƱo, seeded and roughly chopped
1/2 cup sugar
1 lime, zested and juiced

Add all ingredient into a blender. Blend until smooth. If not blending, add a little water to smooth out the puree. Pour into popsicle molds or paper cups. Freeze until firm.

2 comments:

Mal Robin said...

Interesting. I can see how that would work though... I must try it.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Yeah, you pegged me. I was nodding my head and thinking, okay?! I might have to take your word on this one.

Did you get a thumbs up from your guys on this one?
~ingrid